Close up profile portrait of a camel, owned by Wilfred Thesiger in 1950, at a well in the plains below Hamrat ad Duru, during the party's journey from Masruq well to Al Hubi village. The camel faces towards the right (only its head and neck are visible). It is wearing the traditional form of guiding harness, which consists of a chain halter, a neck rope, and a head rope. In the background a vast expanse of pebbly and sandy ground stretches out to the far horizon.
Due to the nature of these images, prints will reproduce any signs of age, wear or damage that occurred before they were archived by the Pitt Rivers Museum.