View of buildings at Jemez pueblo, with mountains in the distance. According to James Stevenson's original note for this photograph (prepared circa 1885), '[e]vidences of silver and copper mining[,] in the shape of large excavations, are still to be seen in the sides of the can[y]ons and mountains contiguous to this settlement. At the present time there is in the village a Presbyterian church and school, both of which receive a reasonable attendance although the aboriginal modes of worship and dancing are maintained. [...] Pottery is manufactured to a limited extent.'
Due to the nature of these images, prints will reproduce any signs of age, wear or damage that occurred before they were archived by the Pitt Rivers Museum.