View of buildings at Sandia pueblo, with several large branches lying on the ground in the foreground. According to James Stevenson's original note for this photograph (prepared circa 1885), 'the inhabitants are devoted to pastural and agricultural pursuits. Their habits and customs are similar to those of San Felipe.' Sandia is located on the west bank of the Rio Grande river, about twenty-eight miles south-west of Santa Fe.
Due to the nature of these images, prints will reproduce any signs of age, wear or damage that occurred before they were archived by the Pitt Rivers Museum.