View of Isleta pueblo, located on the east bank of the Rio Grande river, about twelve miles east of Albuquerque. According to James Stevenson's original note for this photograph (prepared circa 1885), a 'well constructed church is prosperously maintained here with a resident Padre and his assistants. [...] Pottery, of the ordinary class, is manufactured by the Isletas. The appearance of the village is quite modern or similar to the usual Mexican pueblos, as but few of the dwellings exceed two stor[ey]s.'
Due to the nature of these images, prints will reproduce any signs of age, wear or damage that occurred before they were archived by the Pitt Rivers Museum.