View of buildings at San Juan pueblo, with maize drying on a roof prominent in the foreground. According to James Stevenson's original note for this photograph (prepared circa 1885), the 'dwellings of the Pueblo have dwindled down to two stor[eys] in height. Near the centre of the court or plaza stands an old Catholic church and the Indians[,] by their presence, make some pretence to believe in the rites which are therein performed. [...] They cultivate, to a considerable extent, Indian maize, [some] of which may be seen in the foreground'.
Due to the nature of these images, prints will reproduce any signs of age, wear or damage that occurred before they were archived by the Pitt Rivers Museum.