Coronavirus (COVID-19)While the museum is closed, Pitt Rivers Museum Prints is fully operational. Learn more here
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Santo Domingo pueblo
Change wall colour
Description
View of Santo Domingo pueblo, located about thirty miles south of Santa Fe, with a railway line and telegraph poles visible in the foreground. Prominent in the foreground of the photograph are two wagons with horses in harness: the smaller vehicle, on the right, was probably used by John Hillers for carrying his photographic equipment; that on the left was being used by James Stevenson, who can be seen sitting on the ground beside the wagon, for transporting the objects, especially pottery, which he was collecting. According to Stevenson's original note for this photograph (prepared circa 1885), the 'construction of the village is quite like that of a typical Mexican Pueblo, no house being more than two stories in height.'

Due to the nature of these images, prints will reproduce any signs of age, wear or damage that occurred before they were archived by the Pitt Rivers Museum.
Additional information
Date 1880

Santo Domingo pueblo

  • £20.00
    Unit price per 
VAT included.